Okay, so I was recently tagged by three fellow bloggers, thanks girls!! I feel VERY special and honored to be thought of. Here's my dilema, it's also just past my 100th post... so, I've decided to be a non-conformist for once in my adult life and blend the two posts into one! The other Mrs. Parker, Christina, and Stacy tagged me, so for ten of these items I'll elaborate on them and tag some girls at the end!
1. I never knew what a blog was until after our dossier was sent
2. I shower with my back facing the showerhead
3. Infertility plagued us for a long time (and I'm so glad it did)
4. There were many times that I miscarried
5. Rain makes my heart happy and my soul calm
6. Christmas is the ultimate holiday, my heart beams
7. Michael fell in love with me at first sight, I fell in love with him in just three weeks
8. Cooking is great - need to entertain more
9. We love old homes
10. We love to renovate victorian/new englander homes
11. We were serial movers until 3.5 years ago loving to fix up old homes
12. Nicholas is the best boyfriend I've ever had
13. Work is meant to be another arm but not your whole body
14. Dogs are the best pets - especially our dog(s)
15. Tooney (passed) was the first love of my life
16. I am too much of a clean freak. It has come down many notches since having a child
17. Following "rules" is my problem (right Em)
18. Wine, need I say more, yes, more wine please, and make it a big bold red one!
19. While we're on the booze, martini - dry, very dry, with olives and a twist
20. My meatballs are the best on the planet (sorry mom and kiki - your's are awesome too)
21. Although this should've been #1, Jesus and our relationship is personal and fantastic
22. Family heritage and relationships are a deep part of my quest for my growth
23. Without friends, what is there?
24. Watching Daddy and Nicholas on the tractor doing the lawn makes my heart sink, every time
25. Our home is our respit
26. I need to be more patient - seriously!!
27. Kitchens are WONDERFUL and I want to do ours over
28. Michael is my soulmate - even though he bugs me often
29. I'm a tall 5'0" gal that only reached 100 pounds after high school (and I thought I was fat)!!
30. This is not my first marriage - everyone is gasping right?
31. We love to take pride in our home with yardwork and house projects
32. California is meant to be my home (at some point)
33. I was a "burnout" in high school (leather, drinking, tough, smoking etc.)
34. Film school should have been finished but was walked away for a wedding too young
35. I had a 27 hour long labor with Nicholas - with an epidural that didn't work the first time
36. Never apologize for a failed marriage if it was a truly horrible and bad one
37. Rhonda and I will grow old together no matter what life has in store for us w/our families
38. Sisters... God's other way to have a soulmate without being married
39. I am very intuitive with people and situations
40. In the PAST I've held everyone at a distance, never trusting, never wanting to explore
41. Personal growth is a must at every stage in our lives
42. Forgiveness is essential to move forward
43. My personality is sarcastic and funny most of the time, and once in a great while, warm
44. I need to lose weight - grrr - like 15 pounds, I hate "lifestyle change"
45. Mexican food and queso are like blood, I need it to survive
46. I have to make our bed the second that I get out of it, even before peeing!
47. Laundry stinks
48. Shopping is something of a chore - hate it - unless it's for gifts, then I love it
49. My inseam is something around 10" (not really, but close - long torso)
50. Watching Dave Matthews from the 2nd row w/my sis. and seeing the sweat roll down Dave's face is something that I must see again before I die - the music makes me turn into another being - it's weird - an outer body experience! Especially with tailgating beforehand!
60. Favortie store, Home Goods
61. Africa - need I say more, this one could be a book - I'll spare you since you're all on the same page with this one - I just love this continent
62. Ethiopia, this is another one that should be at the top of this list, but I'm just going along here folks and going through the emotions one at a time - I think it's fair to say that Ethiopia will be forever a place that I dream about and long to give my heart and soul to... as many of you.
63. Blogging and adoption has changed my life in more ways than are able to put into words
64. B.U. 08' - grrrrr - I'm not sour since I know I'll meet ya'll at some point! :)
65. I wish more people would drop their fertility treatments and look at the bigger picture
66. Nicholas is a gifted soul in many ways, he makes people smile and laugh, what else is there?
67. I'm petrified of bugs of ANY size shape or attitude
68. The dark is my enemy (like Amy)
69. We are great at entertaining and need to do it more
70. My grandmother lived to 100 and her other 9 siblings (but one) lived into their 90's
71. She also passed with all her own teeth, it is a family blessing, teeth that is! (Moody)! :)
72. Adoption is something that runs through our family in many unique ways, including my mom
73. My dad is blind and it's hereditary, I pray often and worry in silence about Nick deeply
73.5 I'm a die hard conservative - yes, you heard it here first - big time, but, I love people based on their personality and not by their political views...
74. I'm going blind but it won't hit real hard unti I'm quite old - thank you God
75. Did I mention wine yet??? Love it! :)
76. The Mount Washington Hotel is pure peace and tranquility for MP and I
77. We had the most magnificant wedding (for us)
78. I had a nose job - my nose was a big ole guniea beak - oh yeah - at age 19!
79. My heart is so heavy for orphans
80. Friends can be close in distance or very far away, and they are still real
81. I'm afraid to talk to people out of my circle and if it's not related to work - getting better
82. I often cry out to dinner, strange but true, I'm overcome w/emotions of joy and gratitude
83. If the doorbell rings when Nick and I are alone, I hide and don't answer it
84. I don't like "drop-in" visits - it freaks me out (unless it's the neighbor kids)
85. Waitstaff at a restaurant shouldn't ever act like they'r doing me/us a favor, big peeve!
86. Did I mention that bugs freak me out big time! Not a camper type!
87. I've gotton cautious/skiddish about swimming in a lake in adult-hood, hebe-jebees! Word?
88. Having a lakefront home or second home is our dream (I know, contraditctory but real)
89. I love sleeping in and do it often - not a morning person
90. Food, love it! Filet mignon is my favorite, love a great steakhouse, capital grille Vegas - :)
91. Allergies, trees, pollen, dust, chocolate, apples, seasonal (I take meds. every day forever)!
92. I don't have a sweet tooth, not that I don't like sweets, but could care less, rather potatoes!
93. Weight Watchers works, if you follow it! I'm on the wagon AGAIN!
94. I cannot get ready with anyone around me (MP). After showering I must be alone with no distractions while doing my hair and lotion stuff or else I start to sweat and get very worked up.
95. I have a sweat problem - easily sweat no matter what the temperature - hate it!!!
96. Loyal to a fault - can never break away from people at the thought of hurting them
97. Honest to a fault - once drove seven miles back to the video store when realized they gave me 50 cents more than they should've. Also, last year in Vegas with Kiki I found a twenty dollar bill in the bottom of the slot machine that I just sat at and went to the cashier counter to return it.... they laughed at me and said to keep it but I felt horrible in doing so. Seriously! I felt plagued by it all night!
98. I'm a social smoker, smoked since I was 15 steady until I was 25 (pack a day) since then smoke when having cocktails... a few a week, it's been twelve years since "quitting".
99. DVR - best invention EVER! No longer a slave to the T.V. and can do my blogging without worry
100. GOD, FAMILY, FRIENDS, DOGS are the only real important things in life - I hope I have a long one to keep striving and growing as a human being and a mom - I want to do more in my future, more than I can even think of right now.
Emily - just because she's great, and more great, and a little more fan-freaking tastic (Aurora)
Bethany - if she has time, she will have great perspective now that she's home w/her babe
Danni - you are a rock and are so insightful it's sick, seriously, you'll put my list to shame
Brooke - you are on the road to this wonderful journey and I'd love to learn more about you
Laurie - you and your family are truly inspirational - and I love that you're a Laurie & Mike!